Saturday, July 18, 2009

Emerald Moss house, side view

I had the chance to go back and finish the treatment of the "front" door... I wanted a cleaner entrance than the previous image showed. So I took apart the stonework and re-configured the fungus roof so that it could be more self-supporting using a cantilever technique. (all that means is that I was able to remove the temporary supports that you see in the previous front view)

But sadly, I never got to re-shoot this whole new view from the front. We had 2 weeks of rain following the taking of this image and by the time I got back to the site, it had all leafed in and the light was too dark and too green for good photos.

But that didn't stop the Faeries from enjoying their new plush palace!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful! I would LOVE to make several of these at my RV Park in Ash Fork, AZ!

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.