Thursday, October 29, 2009


Here is the Kiteleaf house a little closer up. I was surprised when I reviewed the photos how the cloud bank in the far distance happened to line up with two of the green twig elements from the house. This was not intentional. I could have "fixed it" with Photoshop, but I decided to just leave it as it was.

This house has an odd, other-worldly feeling to it.. as if it is a rocket ship getting ready to take off or a kite getting ready to launch. Or perhaps it was just the gusty winds of the day that had me feeling like this might get airborne at any minute. But what captivated me most was the light as it was shining thru all the sparkling milkweed seed-puffs... and how the downy material got caught in unexpected places ...there was a lot of movement and magic in the field that afternoon.

No comments:

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.