Sunday, February 13, 2011

So much abundance

It has been a phenomenally busy couple of weeks. Each day I've thought... I must write in my blog to catch people up... and each day morphs into the next at such a relentless pace that time itself seems somehow to be in a constant state of transformation. Like the whole rest of the world !

First, for those of you who have sent prayers and concerns for my ancient kitty - thank you so very much! He is still miraculously here, though his body seems as if it is all but used up. Still, he manages to enjoy each day in the smallest of ways, but each pleasure is so sweetly received that I am in total awe of how miraculous life truly is. This whole journey has been such a learning curve I can scarcely begin to describe it. I will hopefully be able to write about it soon, but for now, it is still a work in process as I support his process. But your thoughts and prayers for us are most gratefully received and I'm sure have made all the difference. Thank you.

As you may have heard, the Book project with Kickstarter has been re-launched and has a new deadline, March 20th. In every way it is exactly the same as the previous book project, we just wanted to make sure the project got funded. The only way to do this was to start a "new" project with a deadline further down the road. Click HERE to get to the new project and bookmark it if you want to follow the progress. We are already over half way to the goal, and the goal is slightly lower than the original project so we should be able to make this happen more easily now.

I am very excited to announce that I will be showing my DVD at the Vermont Flower Show on March 5th at 4:30 PM. Here is the link to the Flower Show information. Come by if you can for a visit. I will not have a booth there, but will be available for chatting after the presentation. I will also be selling copies of the DVD and many of my other products as well. I'd love to see you if you can make it. The fragrance of the flowers is always so welcomed at this time of year!

I'm also incredibly pleased to announce that Mountain Lake PBS is going to be filming here next week in my studio and hopefully out in the snow and/or ice for a segment in their program called Mountain Lake Journal. It will be broadcast either at the end of this month or the beginning of next. I will be SURE to let you know when it will be airing. Also, once it has aired I'll be able to provide you with an archived link to the segment so you'll be able to see it online. I am feeling very nervous about this because I'm actually a very shy person. But this is such a wonderful opportunity to share my work with kids and those who are young-at-heart that I just have to push past my reluctance and get on with it! So... stay tuned. I hope to be able to share more with you soon. But right now, I have to get ready for the shoot, so I'll sign off for the moment.

There is more to share but for now, this is enough. Thank you for your patience and your continued support of my work. Your encouragement towards the work keeps me going more than you know. Thank you so much.


No comments:

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.