Thursday, February 7, 2008

Respite

We just got over 14 inches of snow...time to dream about spring !!! My neighbour has a lovely hedge of lilacs that are nearly 100 years old. It seemed a perfect place to entice the fairies with a wee house tucked up high in the hedge. The fragrance was overwhelming ! I was blessed with an eye-to-eye visitation from a male Ruby-throat Hummingbird as well as being wrapped in the hum of hundreds of happy bees.

Spring IS coming... but for now, I gotta go shovel more snow !! :-)

2 comments:

Michele Hauf said...

Simply gorgeous work! You do what I would love to do. I have a door on the tree in my backyard that the faeries use.
Best of luck with your books and calendar!

I hope you don't mind that I nabbed one of your pics to post on my blog a few weeks ago. I just had to make sure everyone knew about your beautiful work!

Sally J Smith, Environmental Artist said...

Thank you Michele !

I don't mind at all ...spread the love ! ;-)

Best wishes for your writing adventures !

Sally

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.