Saturday, March 15, 2008

Whirling Rainbow II


As promised... same house, different sky.

I had to move the sculpture to a high snowdrift so I could shoot upwards towards the sun. I was lying on my back to get this.

It is so difficult sometimes doing this work because I need to capture the moment....but then, do I miss really taking it in? I wonder sometimes. I think it is true with anyone who engages in the creative process out in the world where things are changing second by second. The photo is a good record of the moment.... but actually being there, with the sun sparkling through the ice and the brilliance of the rainbow ...the sheer magic of it all is something barely hinted at in the captured image.

No comments:

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.