Friday, May 2, 2008

A week-end get-away


I did not make these this year... they are from my first year of doing this work. But all the same daffodils are now in full bloom in the garden and they just make me smile. This was my very first experiment with a live flower sculpture. It was hard to work on something so small and so fragile after being used to dealing with ice and snow. To me they looked like little beach cabanas that the Faeries might use to take a nap in after working hard in the garden all morning. Or Faerie camping tents... do Faerie go camping?
Yes, sometimes we all need a break ... even from "serious" art and we need to just kick back and have some fun !!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sally--

I discovered you in my husband's June "Adirondack Life," and had to come and look at your other images. They are very alluring, clearly showing that you are an heir of Goldsworthy but stamped with your own magic. As a mother who has often helped children leave gifts for fairies on fairy stumps and stones, I very much enjoyed looking at the delicious fairy houses as well.

Sally J Smith, Environmental Artist said...

Thank you so very much for your kind remarks ! Adirondack Life did a very nice job of presenting the work and I am grateful for their generous coverage. Thank you again for taking the time to write ! And best wishes to you on your further Faerie House adventures... who knows maybe you'll see more soon made by other Faerie helpers....they are out there ! ;-)

Sally

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.