Thursday, July 24, 2008

Summertime hideout


If I were a Faerie, this is where I'd want to take a nap ! These flower structures are so challenging to make !! The luscious purples beckoned me to come and create something wild and playful. The Hummingbirds kept an eye on me too as I worked on this piece. It all had to be created in about 10 minutes and then I had about 3 more minutes to take the shots... barely time to breathe !

************************


I apologize to my fans, but I need to be taking a few more days off from posting. We have my dad's memorial service coming up and then I am taking some time off to be with my family. This is a tender passage for my entire family and we are going to spend some time together to heal from our loss....thanks to everyone who sent emails of support and have been patient with my sporadic posts. August has got to be better than June and July !

Namaste to All and thank you for your thoughts and prayers.

See you soon !

1 comment:

Syren said...

I especially like this one - purple is my favourite colour.
When I was grieving for my father I wish someone had given me the following advice. Take the time you need and don't let you pressure yourself to do things too quickly. Be kind and gentle with yourself. And remember it may get worse before it gets better but it will get better. Many hugs and blessings and know that if we could carry the weight of your grief for you we would.

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.