Wednesday, October 15, 2008


The past week has been a blur of new creations... I can't wait to share them with you, but it may take a little longer as we have a few more days of good weather coming up and I plan to be out there every possible minute being creative. I have several new spirals, leaf orbs and Faerie Houses all with the rich and vibrant influences of the season.
For now, here is just one... a lovely little cottage with walls made from maple leaves individually stitched onto a willow framework. The roof is made from birch bark with willow twig trimming and an acorn topper. The doorway is framed by a root I found up in the mountains... the door itself is also birch bark, with a moon window... a perfect little retreat for a Faerie Tea party ! Stay tuned for more new work coming very soon !!

2 comments:

Laume said...

Being an Autumn girl, I think this is one of my favorites so far! Such a cheerful little spot for a spot of tea.

Anonymous said...

Sally,

Would you mind if I did a little piece with pictures about you on my blog? I've often done brief posts about writers or artists. Tonight I sent some of your pictures to friends, and then it occured to me that I ought to write something about you.

***

I've often wondered if Andy Goldsworthy played in our lake, as we got up one morning and found three stone creations rising out the lake. He did a project near Albany, and he might well have stopped off.

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.