Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Ice Out prelude


This is the pond ice spiral freshly made.

The sun was angling lower and sky was still mostly blue. The ice was very bright so I had to compensate in my settings so the whites would not overwhelm the shot.

I love spirals... especially high-contrast spirals. There is something deeply magical and inspiring about acknowledging how it is the sharp edging and vibrancy of the dark and light elements working off each other that makes these pieces so inviting. The forms are so simple... yet they nourish some soul-full place inside. I'm glad I got to celebrate the passing of winter in some small way.

No comments:

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.