Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The rush of spring

Everything is rushing upwards now. The rains finally came and gave us a bit of much needed moisture and the surging of the green is in full swing !

This is a little house I made a while ago. My neighbor , who has lovely spring plantings let me have an armload of blossoms from her garden. I wanted to make a Faerie Queen "room" out under a stone wall. It is always such a shock to my creative system to be working with such vibrant colour again after months and months of subtle browns, greys and blues. Hopefully I can post more soon. I've had a lot of other things that have needed tending to lately... a lot of spring cleaning, so to speak.

Be back soon !!

No comments:

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.