Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Grass Spiral House


Sometimes inspiration just happens.

The grass was deep and lush after all the rains. I was walking by a particularly beautiful fine leaf variety and admiring how
when the wind blew across the surface of the field it looked like a green sea.

Next thing I knew, I was down in the 3 foot deep sea experimenting with braiding. This structure just "happened". I did not plan it, I did not envision it.. it simply took shape right there... as if it was the most natural thing in the world for grass to be braided into a double spiral hut. Sometimes you just have to let Nature lead the way and show you what is possible.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-* HAPPY SOLSTICE EVERYONE ! *-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

I want to announce a special event. On Sunday I will introduce you to a guest Faerie House builder. This is the first time I've ever had a guest on my blog. I hope you can come back and see how someone else feels the inspirations from the Faerie world. See you then !

No comments:

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.