Thursday, June 25, 2009

Where does the Faerie Queen stay when she is camping?


In her Royal tent, of course !

A very large mushroom showed up after the rains. I found it down by my pond. The irises were almost finished blooming and the white peony had shed a huge pile of petals... all begging to be coaxed into a creation.

As always, when working with mushrooms, be very careful. I work with surgical gloves on and wash my hands very carefully immediately after I'm done creating. This simple little tent was actually extremely difficult to make- everything was so delicate and needed lots of support from underneath. I finished just in time for the last 30 seconds of sun as it was setting behind the mountains. Then I retreated... the Faerie Queen might need her tent after romping with the fireflies which were beginning to arrive in the fields as I walked home.


No comments:

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.