Thursday, June 24, 2010

Catching up (briefly)

Hi Everyone!

Just a very quick note to say that I am experiencing computer challenges at the moment which is why my postings have been so sporadic these past few weeks. I hope to have things resolved and be back online in a more regular fashion soon. Also, I've had family visiting from out of state this past week (which has been delightful), but I've basically been on vacation with them during this precious time.

I've not been keeping up very well with my blog this month due to all the preparations and dodgy computer, so my apologies to my regular readers....there has been quite a cascade of events lately that have had me feeling unable to keep up with everything I want and need to do. I know I am not alone in having this feeling.

And finally, the Gulf oil event has been weighing heavily on my psyche... as I'm sure it has been for many people who love the earth. Even though I am geographically far away from this event, anyone who understands Nature knows that everything is connected. So while the immediate surroundings here in the Adirondack mountains appear to be as normal, we can all sense and feel that it is not. How will the natural world resolve this current toxic mess? Why haven't the humans involved been able to make better progress towards healing this crisis? Will humanity ever learn from terrible mistakes such as these? How does one personally deal with the feelings of helplessness, powerlessness and anger that come up from witnessing this relentless crisis of abuse to the Earth?

I wish I had some answers. I do not. I have noticed that my ability to be creative and joy-filled is very challenged in these times... and I know I am not alone. For those of you who follow the stars (astrologically speaking) you know we are right now, at this very moment at a huge crux point. A moment of extreme pressure and tension as is represented by the configuration of the grand cross which is now enveloping our collective awareness. It has been a time of maximum stress and pressure and the Earth Herself is very much a part of this process. What will unfold? What will resolve itself or what new opportunities will arise out of this is anyone's guess. But for right now, many of us are feeling psychically stretched more than we ever thought possible.

My sincere and heartfelt prayers go out to the waters of the Gulf, to the waters of the world...may they be protected from further degradation by our toxic greed. My prayers go out to all the creatures who inhabit the waters, who have lost their homes and lives due to the greed of humans. And to all the humans who, thru no fault of their own, are now facing economic and personal challenges they never imagined might come to them, I pray for them too. This event is bigger than we know, and it breaks my heart to know this is occurring and that I can do nothing but witness, and send my prayers of hope and healing to those places,creatures and beings that need it most. It weighs very heavy in my heart...as I'm sure it does for many people who may read these words.

So, my apologies again for not keeping up with my postings as I had been used to doing... I hope my computer woes get fixed shortly and that I can get back up to speed soon. I too miss sharing my creative expressions with you.

Many Blessings all around you,

Sally

No comments:

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.