Saturday, December 4, 2010

Three Years


















To all my readers,
Thank you for all your interest, encouragement & support over the past 3 years. 
Since Dec. 5th, 2007 over 33,266 visitors have passed thru this portal of magic & discovery! It is hard to imagine so many visitors would come to this tiny, obscure patch of creative process and flow, but that many have actually been here since I started. Amazing!
Many of you have taken the time to write to me and tell me your stories and/or purchase my products which help keep me going in a very practical way, and I am grateful beyond measure to each and every one of you

       Today I was at a small but very beautiful craft show full of happy people. It was at the Waldorf school in Shelburne, VT. It was a wonderful time and what I loved most was seeing the faces of the kids as they came up to the table to look at my work more closely. Some were chatty and bubbling with enthusiasm. Some were shy and quiet. And a few were really studying the images, taking things in at a very deep level. It was an honour to be there, looking into the faces of the future and feeling that we were connecting to something magical, together. Every child held such a special energy and sparkle and many had their own stories to share of making Faerie houses. It was such a joy to be there sharing with them fragments of creative expression that they could relate to and enjoy.

     And then I thought of all the virtual visitors who have come to this blog over the past three years, perhaps stopping by on the recommendation of a friend, or perhaps as a result of an unrelated search... there are so many reasons someone could show up here on this virtual threshold. And if my work has left a spark or a smile, then I feel there has been a purpose fulfilled for having this blog in the first place.

     I've chosen the above two images to celebrate this milestone for two different reasons. The first represents the spiraling journey of creative unfolding that this process has been and continues to be. There is also the suggestion here that I have often felt guided and supported by unseen forces to do this work. So the first image seems to sum up that feeling the best in all the images I have taken so far. And the second image feels a wee bit like a birthday cake with some pretty awesome candles!  So these are my "gifts" of a sort, to you my readers and visitors as we stop and pause for a moment to acknowledge that it has been three years since this adventure began. May there be many more !!!

   **********************************************************************

On some other notes:  I've just finished up some big deadlines and will hopefully have a wee bit more time now to make more posts and share more stories and tell you about what is waiting in the wings to unveil!!

I'm now working on the very last piece of my Hardcover book project and we will be starting the countdown to launch sometime this week. I have a brand new Holiday treat to share with you and Lulu.com continues to quietly offer great sales on calendars and books which I can pass along to you. Please see the sidebar on the right for more links and important details if you are thinking about ordering my Lulu calendars or books as gifts for the holidays.

Thank you again for your continued interest in my work. I genuinely wish I could thank each and every one of you personally for taking the time to stop by for a visit, no matter how long it has been. 

Many Blessings of Light, Love and magic all around you and yours for the coming year!!




3 comments:

Bonnie K said...

Happy Birthday, Sally!!! Love the images you have chosen to share. The 'floating ice castle' is one of my favorites. You and your art have blessed us in many many ways...and so I wish many blessings to you!!

Sally J Smith, Environmental Artist said...

Thank you so much Bonnie!! It is people like you that mean so much to me as I continue to try and express my creative instincts. Thank you so very much for all your lovely comments and support!!

Bright Blessings

Sally

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your anniversary. Thank you for sharing your art and your heart with us. I marvel at your skillful creations, wonderful images, and your resonance with the playful, magical and mystical beauty inherent in Nature. Please keep up the good work (play?). It really does bring joy, delight and wonder.

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.