Sunday, March 6, 2011

Adirondack Life Photo contest honorable mention

I'm very pleased to announce that one of my photos has won an honorable mention in the 2011 Adirondack Life Photo contest.

You can visit all the winners here : http://www.adirondacklife.com/content/view/270/207/

you'll have to scroll down through the many wonderful images to find my entry "Rhodie Inspector"

Now, for my fans, I can tell you that this image was a secondary one for me. I had been out shooting one of my sculptures, this one:


when I discovered that I had a visitor, the tiny little green frog you see in the photo that won the honorable mention. I was so pleased this little guy got to be seen by the world... s/he was just the sweetest little creature and it kept following me around as I continued to photograph the Rhododendron bush near my house that was in full flower.

No comments:

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.