Tuesday, June 4, 2019

A rare opportunity to win one of my houses!!!

Greetings Everyone!
It is time now to reveal something I've been working on for a wee while...and this is your chance at something special!

I've been invited by the Sheldon Museum in Middlebury VT to exhibit my Fairy Houses in conjunction with a very special retrospective exhibition featuring the work of American Landscape Architect Dan Kiley. As part of this special exhibition, one of my best (and diminutive) fairy houses is being raffled off by and to benefit the Sheldon Museum. I've made a very short little video showing the little house from many angles and showing the TWO lighting options that will extend your enjoyment of the house should you be so lucky to win it. I've never made a house with white AND colored lights before so this makes it truly a one-of-a-kind....though to be fair, ALL of my fairy houses are one-of-a-kind!

Here is the video:

Here is the direct link to purchase raffle tickets: http://henrysheldonmuseum.org/events/the-dewdrop-bungalow-fairy-house-raffle/

Here is the link for more information on my show: http://henrysheldonmuseum.org/exhibits/whimsical-wonders-fairy-houses-from-nature-by-sally-j-smith/

If you happen to be traveling to the area, and Middlebury is a magical little Vermont village with LOADS of things to see and do, then be sure to stop by the museum to see all my houses that are on display AND catch the Kiley exhibition...it is extraordinary and well worth the visit. The photography alone is breathtaking. The images on the web page do not do justice to the clarity and beauty of the actual prints...they are mesmerizing! The museum also houses a great kids activity area so parents can stroll thru the collection while the kids are playing in the children's area. It's very sweet and cozy.

If you are unable to travel to the museum but would still like a detailed description of all my houses that are on display, you can download this PDF of the catalog of my works presently on exhibit. Please note - the highlighted links in the PDF do not work as links.
2019 Fairy Houses for Sheldon Museum Show_updated 5-22_

Anyone can purchase tickets for the raffle as the house is small enough to ship. I wish everyone the best of luck... someone WILL win this sweet little house! AND you'll get bragging rights too because it will be in the 2020 Amber Lotus calendar which will be available later this summer. When the calendar comes out, I'll show you what I mean. Until then, enjoy the video and give it a "like" if you can. It helps in the world of Youtube.
Bright Blessings Everyone!

No comments:

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.