Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Pothole spiral

The river level had finally dropped enough to expose this pothole. I had been watching it all summer waiting for my chance to work with it.

Along the bank up above a maple was turning gold and scarlet so I used a few of the leaves to make a contrary spiral. It is "contrary" because it goes against the waterflow.

The grey banding in the rock is a natural formation... I may work with that later, but for now, it's all about the pothole !

This is the first of two leaf pieces I did with this location.. I'll post the second one later this week.

A different angle reveals how deeply the river carved this one. Not surprising since it is underwater most of the year.

No comments:

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.