Sunday, January 10, 2010

Holiday House

The weather forecast of some fine snow followed by some sun was an irresistible combination, so I decorated this house with some festive red high bush cranberries from my very frozen garden and found a sweet nook amoungst the balsams and left it out overnight hoping it would not be disturbed by wild animals.

In the morning the dusting of snow had added the final magical touch this house needed, but I had to wait for the sun to come around in the afternoon to bring this house to it's full loveliness. The latticework in the upper tower window is made with porcupine quills. I like using them on the houses that have the darker accents because the contrast really enhances the delicate appearance of the window. I had been waiting a full year for the right conditions to photograph this house... finally, I think this image is about as good as I can hope for.

Some things just take time and patience!

No comments:

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.