Saturday, May 8, 2010

Dandy-line

Before....












After.











I don't usually work with human-made items, but these round hay bales on my friend's property have called to me thru many seasons... and finally, this spring, I could resist no longer. The dandelions this spring have been more astonishing than ever. We finally has one relatively warm and not-so-windy day. It was fun to get covered in golden pollen. Sadly, the sunshine did not last long and my second project in this field, a time-lapse cutting of a spiral pattern did not come out so well. If the dandelions are still here when we get sun again, I may try one more time, but I have the feeling it will be a field of white puffs instead of golden-yellow discs next time I see these fields in sunshine.

No comments:

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.