Friday, February 25, 2011

It's a Wrap!

I just love double-duty titles ! I'm pleased to announce that we have finished all the principal filming for the PBS segment that will be aired shortly. (I promise to let you know just as soon as I do when the air date will be and the link to the archived segment when it becomes available.) So, in that sense, we have our first "wrap".

The odd photo is showing my latest sculpture under a protective wrap to hopefully preserve it through this latest blast of snow and wind. The location is the stone circle in my garden. The circle is still under construction so the 4th "gateway" still has to be built.

When we has a warm spell last week, I created the spiral path to the center of the circle. I did this because the film crew from PBS were going to be here and they wanted an ice sculpture to showcase for the segment they were producing, so this would be the foundation for the sculpture.

Then, this past Tuesday, Derek Muirden and his cameraman Jay Scott from Mountain Lake PBS did indeed arrive right on time and we had a very successful day of shooting here. I'll have photos shortly. The day was very cold and sparkling blue, just what we had hoped for. We were finally done with all the interior shots and I now had to get to work to build the ice sculpture. Derek and Jay left at 3:00 PM and I worked nearly non-stop for the next 12 hours through the night in the deep cold to create a suitable Ice Palace fit for a Faerie Queen. This is the sculpture that is under the wrap and I can't wait to show it to you, but not just yet!

I'll tell you what happened on day 2 of the shoot in my next post and show you the Ice Palace. I think you'll like it! :-)


No comments:

Welcome to the enchanted world of Environmental art and Faerie Houses sculptures created by Sally J Smith. Here you will find photos of the artist's unique art-forms and hear some of the stories from behind the scenes as she shares with you her creative process.